A Mixed Media Share

I've been playing with Mixed Media since I took a workshop in February and I'm loving it.  One of the things I've started is a Mixed Media Journal where I create a different "master piece" on each page.  Definitely some are working better that others, but it is a great way to try new techniques!

I wanted to share the opening page to my journal.  I really like how it turned out.  I tried to stretch myself as far as colours go.  I've discovered that I'm a bit predictable when it comes to colour choices - mostly earthy tones - browns, oranges, yellows, greens.  In this piece I did use browns, but I added in teal.

What do you think?

I have another page almost completed.  They don't take very long to do - you spend more time waiting for things to dry than actually painting.  I can't wait to play some more this weekend.

I'm planning a class on April 12th for 10am-3pm - you'll be able to make a canvas bag or 2 pieces to hang on your wall (your choice).  If you're interested in attending, please email me or click here to reserve a spot.

Happy stamping!
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.