Finished Projects - Mixed Media

My 2 day workshop is finished and I wanted to share my finished projects.  It was such a blast spending 2 days stretching my creativity and learning from Donna Downey.  I have to say it wasn't always easy but the thing I learned was not to give up.  There were times along the way that I really didn't like what I was doing, but I have to say I'm really please with how they turned out.

Project No 2 is a brush roll.  New technique on this project is an image transfer.  The Eiffel Tower is a transfer from an image I downloaded.  Some of the ladies in the class did some amazing work with transferred images!
I forgot to take picture along the way.  It turned out a little "grungier" than I expected.
Project No 3 is a canvas bag.  This is the project that I tried to get out of my comfort zone.  I seem to lean to earthy tones so on this bag I used blues and yellows.  Wasn't sure I liked this, but as I walked by it this morning I decided it is growing on me.

Here's a couple of images along the way...

And the final project..



Project No 4... This is what Donna call's "Art Booking".  It's a book made using muslin pages.  The pages are prepared with joint compound (like you'd cover nail holes with), then other mediums that make them ready to paint.  I went back to my comfort zone with this one - browns, greens, oranges, etc.  The book has the look of leather as I used a 2 part glaze - first an orangey colour and then brown.

Check out before pictures...



 Now the finished product.  It's interesting the pictures look much lighter than it is in person.







I can't wait to try out some more projects.

Happy stamping and creating!
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.