Oh my Goodness, I'm loving it!

Earlier this month I blogged about a new product from Stampin' Up! - the Envelope Punch Board.  I have to admit that when I saw this product at Convention in July, I wasn't so sure.  Over the past few weeks I've seen some really cute file folder cards and other projects made with it so I knew I had to have it.  I tried it out today.

First of all, if my husband is reading this, you should stop now!

I made the following card using the Circle Thinlits Die and extended the end.  The card ended up about 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I always seem to use the same stamp set for him - we're sailors, so it seems perfect.  This year, I added the World Map stamp set as well.  The card is made with Core'dinations paper in Cajun Craze which you can distress really easily to make it look vintage.  I stamped the map image and then sponged over it using a torn piece of paper and distressed the edges.  A few more embellishments with some edges cut from the Burlap ribbon and an anchor with a "bowline" knot attached (hard to see in the picture).  I'm hoping my husband will appreciate the fact that I can actually tie one of these very useful knots.

On the inside of the card I added a gift card holder from the Core'dinations paper.  For this I made a file folder tab using the new Envelope Punch board.  So easy to do.  Just decide where you want your tab to begin, punch it, then move over about 2 inches and punch again.  You can then use your paper trimmer to cut the extra pieces off.  

Now for a coordinating envelope.  Since my card ended up an odd size, it was perfect - with the Envelope Punch Board I can make it any size I want to.  All of the measurements are included.  In seconds I have an envelope that fits and coordinates.  What a great way to use up some of the retired Designer Series Paper that I have.

I'm sure my husband will be thrilled with his card, don't you?
I'll post some other samples using it to make the file folder cards.  The Envelope Punch Board sells for $24.95 (Item 133774).  I know you're going to want one! Email me or shop on my Online Store.

Also, don't forget to check out the Clearance Rack on my Online Store!  Stampin' Up! has just refreshed it with some great deals.

Happy Stamping
Melva


No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.