It's been a fun weekend

This weekend was all about stamping!  What could be more fun?  Well, for me, the only other thing that may beat out stamping is sailing, but that's next weekend :)  This weekend I spent yesterday at an Holiday Catalogue Stamp a Stack event that my upline put on and then helped a fellow demonstrator with a class last night. 

I signed up for an "Every Stamp Set Swap" so I've been busy creating my cards.  The way the swap works is that you sign up to make full cards for a group of cards in the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.  Wanda Dodds does a great job in organizing this swap.

It is possible that if you were really energetic you could end up with a sample of every stamp set in the catalogue.  I didn't go that far, but I did sign up for 11 categories so I have been busy making about 175 cards.  I'm finally finished all of the cards today and they will go in the mail tomorrow.  Phew!

Greeting Card Kids (Item 120633)
I love these flowers - for this one I took 3 scallop circles and soaked them with a mixture of alcohol and shimmer paint to add some sparkle.  Once they were wet I scrunched them up and attached them together with a brad.  If you leave this scrunched it will dry that way and you have a beautiful flower.  So easy!

Fine Feather (Item 126517)
I love this new stamp set - Fine Feathers.  It was easy to make this look like a peacock feather.  I took the Old Olive and the Island Indigo markers and just ran them across the marker.  It's a little hard to see, but the colours look just like a peacock.















Forever With You (Item 126727)
I wasn't so sure of this stamp set, but I really like the way it turned out.  I added one of the stamps from Everything Eleanor as a background along with a few pearls and some paper piercing just to "pop" it up.

I'll share more of my swaps with you over the next few days and then will share the swaps I receive back in September when I get them in the mail.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping.
Melva

3 comments

  1. I hope you will play along with us, It's going to be fun to see who wins that $150 in stampin up merchandise. Thanks for being a late night stamper!
    Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great projects. THank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful cards. I participated in Wanda's swap too and will be checking to see if I received one of your awesome cards. All 3 are great works of art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.