Had such fun today!

It's a quiet Saturday - the weather is great so we aren't sailing.  I spent the day in my craft room playing.  I'm getting ready for Stampin' Up! convention making lots of swaps, but also made a card for my Sorority Secret Sister.  I belong to Beta Sigma Phi and every year we have a secret sister who we buy gifts for throughout the year.  At our end of the year party ("Wind Up") I exchange my last gift with my secret sister for this year, find out who my secret sister was and also get my new secret sister.  It's such fun and sometimes you don't know who it was right up until you open the card!

This year my secret sister will have a pretty good idea (if she hasn't already guessed) as I've made her card - pretty much a dead give away!

I hadn't played with Apothecary Art stamp set yet but I decided it would be perfect with Watercolour Wonder Crayons and Watercolour paper and I was right.  I love how this turned out.  I used Perfect Plum and a Rose Red sheet from the Floral District Designer Series Paper.  
Of course, I had to pair it with a matching envelope.  These are soooooo easy with the Diagonal Plate for the Simply Scored.  Just cut a piece of paper 7 3/4 inches square and then score at 3 1/8 inches from each end, turn 90 degrees and score 4 1/8 inches from end.  You then cut the little notches out, fold the four corners in and in seconds you have a beautiful envelop to match any card.
Isn't this beautiful!  Can't wait for my secret sister to open her gift.

If you're interested in learning how to make this card and envelope or in any of the other great products in the new Stampin' Up! catalogue, email me.  I'd love to share them with you.

Thanks for dropping by!
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.